jueves, 26 de abril de 2012

Love, Poverty & War

An antique saying has it that a man's life is incomplete unless or until he has tasted love, poverty, and war.

It seems that the wise executive power that rules life has thought it best to drill a man into these three conditions, and none may escape all three. I haven't the smallest belief in any supreme executive power, let alone in a wise one but it would be idle to deny the element of perspicacity here.

Most thoughtful or sensitive people may say we have too little of the first "condition" and a surplus of the second and the third. Yet, money's missing somebody may argue vigorously; money is far more important than love. The attentive reader may say that with love there are neither war nor poverty.

I agree with the antique, I must say. In these conditions the human put off his mask, nuke the costume which cover him throughout day. The full-time fighter is a rarity (as indeed is the full-time lover). But, the man who stresses his early struggles with want and scarcity is to be found practically everywhere, and will go on emptying rooms until the end of time.

Love displays in such a different ways. Like a chink of light it enteres through the shutters of our life, jeopardizing the balance of our existence.  How it could be the unassailable salvation force? Not yet thinkable. One thing I know for sure thou: I need someone to love me the whole day though as Neil Young sings.

One second thing I know for sure, I dare say: I want to be granted one more hour to perform my consumerist, bilge, pointless life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario